end of the week again…..
once again today was Freaking-Early-Training-Day…..
dragged my body and those ‘detached’ limbs of mine out of their dreamy state,
and get my arse down to training…
but well, at least I achieved something=]
how many people are able to will themselves up at 5am on a Saturday morning to physically torture themselves,
and on top of that, to enjoy it….
haha!!!!
though as usual,
I kept telling myself that I could sleep more on the way to Kallang on the MRT while I was trying to brush my teeth and not my face,
but, it didn’t happen….
just couldn’t fall asleep anymore,
its like once my lump of brain cells up there wakes up,
they don’t go back to sleep until my butt hits the bed…haha!!!
well, today, the topic of my Nonsensical-Mind-Wandering on the train was on…
Architecture…..
(oh think I haven’t mention this yet…..just found out that I’m dumb enough to have paid the application fee for someone else’s application instead of mine…BAH!!!!! so now I’m late in my payment…….crap!!!!! hope it doesn’t affect my application….)
back to the point…..
thought a lot on what will I do or say if I’m to go for the interview…..
think I’ve set myself a quite specific area to work on already…..
I feel like now there is no true mother nature and architecture integration….
as in a true ‘symbiosis’ kind-of relationship,
where architecture is applied in the context of nature,
and not mother nature being forced to confine to the restrains of architecture.
been thinking…
until now there aren’t much landmarks or buildings that utilized the beauty of nature for a main focal point of their architecture…
I don’t argue that there are some,
but it isn’t common.
and most of the time,
they are just external fixtures used in a vague attempt to link nature to man-made,
organic to inorganic…..
what I’m talking about is,
having a rain-tree growing right in your living room;
allowing a stream to take its natural course right through your front hall;
having a second-floor bedroom on the out stretch branches of a sturdy tree,
linked conveniently to the main residential structure built right by its side;
or even having a house that’s hugs the slope of a hill side without terracing,
with outcrops of its original boulders as part and parcel of the furnishing components in your lounge.
where objects of the nature environment on which the structure is built on becomes a main part of its architecture,
and not just a side line decoration.
I don’t believe there’s anyone out there who does what I just mention (though I might be wrong)….
so that’s an area where I can be different.
and I’m sure I can be if I’m given the chance
(i.e. get into Uni to study architecture)…….
anyway,
I hate to say this,
but now, my 2 cousins here has official entered the league of the ‘A’ girl ( Tim, Stace and Khai should understand what I mean)
people in my world that’s disgust me has official increased from 1 to 3……..
Saturday, April 16, 2005
My Saturday morning dreams
Posted by
Cabure/Pek
at
11:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment