Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Public Speaking.....

Public speaking….
something I really dreaded very much juz a few years ago…
I still dread it now, but at least I can carry myself thru it,
though I’ll be 1 hell of a nervous wreck after tt…
haha!!!!

today, I finally got hold of the guy, Jeff whose no. Winny gave me to apply for the assistant coach thingy….
n at once, I was invited to an interview…
boy was it a shocker..
only when I went for it, then did I noe I had allow myself to assume wrongly…
I thot e assistant coach and camp instructor thingy was more like an outdoor activity…
like those outdoor leadership camp and OBS camps…
but, it turn out that Aspire Hub was a life-skill learning centre….
like a tuition centre, juz tt it teaches people skills to get thru life…
hahaha!!!!!!
I was stunt initially, but later…
it didn’t seem that bad a job…..
though there will be lots of presentations to make thus lots of public speaking to get thru….
and to think juz 2 years ago,
I was panicking panicking during CCAB leadership camp coz I was the ‘lucky’ one chosen to public speak b4 dinner…..
I was so shaky and nervous…
and I was like trying bloody hard to hide it behind a cheerful face….
*phew….*
that practically started my journey into public speaking which led to those countless session where I had to brief, debrief, discipline, and explain stuff to my team…..
n now….
2 years later,
I’m standing in front of a class of sec 3s teaching maths,
n I’m soon gonna teach other how to handle the problems life throws at them…..
who could hav thot I could turn from a shy non-public speaker,
to a someone who is dependent on my public speaking skills to earn my living….
hahaha!!!!
surprises in life indeed….=]

anyway, after the interview, I joined in e AC(assistant coach) session immediately….
I was really impress by Coach Luke our dear coach today…
he’s really funny n interesting an stuff…
somehow or another he reminds me of Anderson….
the facial resembles and expressions, plus the way he speaks and stuff….
they all bear a weird resemblance to Anderson.

wonder whether they are related....
muz ask him....
oh welz…
the lesson was very very interactive and fun…
meet a few other of the trainee ACs there
there was Valerie, Audrey, Indah, Jonathan, Joyce, Gou Wei (I think), Yuka and finally my dear Winny…
all very nice peoples….
hope to attend more sessions of such=]

apart form tt…
had training tis morning, n it was terrible…
hope its juz one of our off colour session…
n not b4 coz of anything else….
dun feel like talking bout it coz its depressing…
so I’m juz gonna stop now….
sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep time!!!!

No comments: