Around e bonfire we all gathered…
some sat on e soft warm sand, while other preferred to stand…
surrounded by people n frenz I knew throughout my 19teen years of life…
‘weird’, I said 2 myself….
‘Why r we all here?? thot I’ve lost contact with most of them……’
then….
as I looked up form my thoughts,
there u stood,
standin so comfortably beside me,
casually dressed in your cream top n white pleated skirt,
singing along n clapping 2 e tune of e song,
with e glow of e fire dancing gracefully across your sweet face,
n e gentle sea breeze blowing thru your hair,
u seemed ever so happy,
ever so carefree….
true happiness n joy shone thru tt smile of yours…
I felt content juz looking at u,
n e weirdness I initially felt were no longer there…
I was……..happy….
n then,
as e music died away,
n sleepiness crept unknowingly in2 e hearts of people around,
u settled down beside me,
n with a sweet goodnight,
u fell asleep with your head on my shoulder n your hands around mine…
loneliness, n e rest of e miserable stuff tt clouded my heart was no longer there….
never had I felt so carefree n happy……
n so,
as I stared out across e night sky,
heaviness fell across my tired eyes,
n slowly, my sleepy head tilted,
n leaning softly n gently on yours,
in2 dreamland I drift, knowing u were waiting patiently there 4 me……
Suddenly…
my eyes opened,
n there I was staring at e bare white ceiling,
lying awake I on my cold lonely bed,
I no longer felt tt warmth,
e clocked on my phone read 3:46
blinking my sleepy eyes,
I knew I was fooled.
turning across to my side,
i fell asleep again,
tis time only surrounded by e monotonous objects of my life,
with nothing specific 2 look forward 2 in e world tts beyond.
some sat on e soft warm sand, while other preferred to stand…
surrounded by people n frenz I knew throughout my 19teen years of life…
‘weird’, I said 2 myself….
‘Why r we all here?? thot I’ve lost contact with most of them……’
then….
as I looked up form my thoughts,
there u stood,
standin so comfortably beside me,
casually dressed in your cream top n white pleated skirt,
singing along n clapping 2 e tune of e song,
with e glow of e fire dancing gracefully across your sweet face,
n e gentle sea breeze blowing thru your hair,
u seemed ever so happy,
ever so carefree….
true happiness n joy shone thru tt smile of yours…
I felt content juz looking at u,
n e weirdness I initially felt were no longer there…
I was……..happy….
n then,
as e music died away,
n sleepiness crept unknowingly in2 e hearts of people around,
u settled down beside me,
n with a sweet goodnight,
u fell asleep with your head on my shoulder n your hands around mine…
loneliness, n e rest of e miserable stuff tt clouded my heart was no longer there….
never had I felt so carefree n happy……
n so,
as I stared out across e night sky,
heaviness fell across my tired eyes,
n slowly, my sleepy head tilted,
n leaning softly n gently on yours,
in2 dreamland I drift, knowing u were waiting patiently there 4 me……
Suddenly…
my eyes opened,
n there I was staring at e bare white ceiling,
lying awake I on my cold lonely bed,
I no longer felt tt warmth,
e clocked on my phone read 3:46
blinking my sleepy eyes,
I knew I was fooled.
turning across to my side,
i fell asleep again,
tis time only surrounded by e monotonous objects of my life,
with nothing specific 2 look forward 2 in e world tts beyond.

No comments:
Post a Comment