1 question….
r we, humans, as humane in our ways as we think we r??
n can e word ‘humane’ b use in e context of other animals??
juz wonderin is it actually possible 4 humans 2 treat animals as equals???
well, ‘The Beacon of Hope' was showin on channelnewsasia tonight….
it was bout e e national kidney foundation (NKF)…
I got me thinking, if SPCA were 2 hav a charity show like e NKF…
will sporeans b supporting it as much as e NKF charity show??
though I had wish 4 e ans 2 b yes,
but in reality, it really difficult or impossible 4 me 2 see it ever happening….
somehow or other, being e dominant species on earth has made us selfish...
we only care bout s ourselves…
whether we like 2 admit it or not, we r over-exploiting other earthly species…
4 food, 4 shelter, 4 useless nonsensical reasons like beautifying ourselves, taknin them 4 granted..
even 4 those people who hav pets…
how many actually treat their pets like family, n not juz some novelty tt they dump aside when they get bored??
even in our usage of language, 2 treat other human with e respect a human rightfully deserves is known as being ‘humane’…
but is there any other word tt describes specifically on treating other animals with e respect tt e animal rightfully n naturally deserves??
yes, I agree tt mother nature has meant 4 species 2 survive on e death of others.
others muz b compromised in other 4 survival…
but tt will only justify e killing of animals for food 2 a certain extent,n mayb shelter…
but then wat bout 4 cosmetic purposes?? its not survival….
I can say tt 4 animals 2 b treated as equals is not how its meant 2 b,
but I do hope tt we, man, can treat them with more respect….
4 example,
e next time we decide 2 step on a trail of ants, ask ourselves tis….
hav they done anything 2 justify us stepping on them,
or r we juz stepping on them selfishly base on our own dislike…
how would we feel it some other animals (if there ever is 1) 2 juz step on us when they like…
e next time we look at our pets, we see family, n not juz ‘pets’.
n juz 2 add, animal cruelty is DESPICABLE!!!!!!!
2day after training on my way 2 e train station…
Brian asked me tis:
‘u going mrt issit??...y u wanna walk 1 big round…tt way shorter wat…’
he was referin 2 e route I was takin..
as there were 2…
1 was along kallang river, by e beach,
e other was along e expressway,
e latter 1 is faster….
well, I havn’t realli gave it much though…
not tt I didn’t noe e faster route,
juz tt I like walkin by e long route…
I like e calmness, e quietness, e private-ness I feel walkin by e river…
compare 2 walkin along a noises expressway, surrounded by rushin cars, driven by complete strangers…
it gives me time 2 b by myself…not tt I like 2 b alone,
but it juz really soothing, n relaxing…
think it’s like therapeutic too…
n especially when it’s windy like today….
it juz feels really nice 2 walk home along tt longer route…
hearing e gentle sound of water hitting shore…
basking in e subtle warmth of e settin sun…
feeling e cool salty sea breeze…
n juz purely submerge in my own private world…..=]
Monday, February 21, 2005
R we realli tt humane??
Posted by
Cabure/Pek
at
10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment