Sunday, February 13, 2005

Valentine's Day...

This month bright Phoebus enters Pisces,
The maids will have good store of kisses,
For always when the fun comes there,
Valentine's Day is drawing near,
And both the men and maids incline
To chuse them each a Valentine;
And if a man gets one he loves,
He gives her first a pair of gloves;
And, by the way, remember this,
To seal the favour with a kiss.

This kiss begets more love,
and thenThat love begets a kiss again,
Until this trade the man doth catch,
And then he doth propose the match,
The woman's willing, tho' she's shy,
She gives the man this soft reply,
"I'll not resolve one thing or other,
Until I first consult my mother.
"When she says so, 'tis half a grant,
And may be taken for consent.

hmmm…tmr’s V-day liao…..
for e pass few years, V-day has alwaes brought with it a sense of jealousy,
a sense of incomplete-ness,
n a teeny-weeny bit of loneliness for me…….
sound quite ironical given e fact tt
Vday is suppose 2 celebrate companionship, relationships n love…
oh welz……
its juz another normal day 4 me…..
which I’m actually quite use 2 oredi……..
but i realli do hope n pray,
next year i could celebrate it with my some1 special.....

anyway, I did have a really memorable V-day in JC…
it was during my J1 year=]
not realli a true 1 on 1 V-day kind of date…
more like a class gathering I might say…
there was me, Juliet, Steph, Choikwun, Kenrick, Shaun, Stella, Chris……
yup, think tts all…..
went out 4 dinner 2gether at mache=]
hahaha=] might not seem much 2 others,
but 4 me,
was actually e very 1st time I was at a dinner specifically 4 e celebration of Valentines
at least I was among a bunch of frenz n not alone during tt special day.
n e beauty of it all was tt
even though at tt time, we knew 1 another 4 not more then 2 months…..
but somehow or another,
it felt like we were frenz since who noes when….
really had fun tt day……

I think tt Valentines should not b a day restricted 2 celebration of love between a couple…
I should oso encompass e celebration of friendship….
a celebration of love among frenz….
a celebration of tt special bond tt a group of people share n cherishes
a celebration where we r reminded of e importance of frenz
n 2 treasure those around us as without them,
life would not be complete.

so to all those out there…..
Happy Valentine’s Day=]

Turtle Doves and Love Birds
"Oft have I heard both youth and virgin say
Birds choose their mates, and couples too, this day;
But by their flight I never can divine,
When I shall couple with my Valentine."
Herrick

No comments: